Stigma and Discrimination Prevention and AIDS Rights Protection
UNDP works with other partners and stakeholders in creating and strengthening mechanisms and systems to ensure access to justice and enable an environment in which stigma and discrimination would be no longer a barrier to block HIV prevention and care services. It aims to contribute to the joint programme outcome of enabling environment with better attitudes, policy and practices toward HIV/AIDS and human rights as well as stigma and discrimination.
What have we accomplished so far?
UNDP works closely with the Foundation for AIDS Rights (FAR) on the following initiatives:
- Set up and support for a national sub-committee on stigma and discrimination and development of provincial committees on AIDS rights
- Providing training and support to stigma prevention and AIDS rights protection teams at national and sub-national levels
- Documenting annual HIV and human rights situation in Thailand
- Developing stigma and discrimination curriculum focusing on workplace, healthcare facility setting and school that incorporates sex workers, male having sex with males and transgender people and injecting drug users issues
- Establishing and training stigma prevention education core teams with at least 15 members in at least three pilot settings and provide stigma prevention education to workplace, health care and school setting
- Conducting advocacy events/campaigns, sessions and dialogues to three target groups including local government organizations, uniformed services and media/press
- Provide training/coaching to staff and volunteers operating legal hotline, AIDS rights protection centers
- Providing facility supports for hotline centers and development of information, education, and communication (IEC) materials
- Gathering and consolidate stigma and discrimination data and organize consultative processes to incorporate data sets in UNGASS
- Documenting evidence based lessons learnt or cases to support the report.
Who finances it?
(July 2011-June 2012)
|Total estimated budget US$ 147,050|
|Pooled Funding of US$ 78,600|
|UNAIDS PAF B||US$ 68,600|
|Parallelled Funding of US$ 43,000|
|Resource gap:||US$ 25,450 (to be funded by fund from UNDP-BDP)|
Delivery in previous fiscal year
|Donor Name||Amount contributed|
|UNDP TH||US$ 10,000|
|UNAIDS PAF B||US$|