Workshop on climate change planning and budgeting for agricultural sector
The workshop was participated by four agencies namely Office of Natural Resources and Environmental Policy and Planning (ONEP); Bureau of Budget (BOB); Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives (MoAC); and Office of the National Economic and Social Development Board (NESDB). These agencies play important roles in planning and budgeting processes at different levels.
The workshop aim to set a step for establishing common understanding/approach to climate change planning and budgeting using agricultural pilot analyses under MoAC to be potential scaling up cases, particular for climate adaptation objectives. The key concept discussed during the workshop was the benefit approach to climate change planning and budgeting which would help related agencies to be able to use as a basis to arrive at (1) common definition of Climate Change relevant expenditure, (2) criteria for climate change prioritization, and (3) framework for climate change monitoring and evaluation.
This workshop was part of the key activities under the Project “Strengthening Thailand’s Capacity to Link Climate Policy and Public Finance”, aiming at supporting Thailand in allocating and using its public finances effectively and efficiently to achieve its objectives on climate change.
- 12 May 2016:Keynote speech by Martin Hart-Hansen, UNDP Deputy Resident Representative at Technology Innovation – Collaborating for Innovation Event Asian Institute for Technology, Bangkok, Thailand 12 May 2016
- 25 Apr 2016:UNDP: Fastest Population Shift In History Means Make Or Break For Asia-Pacific
- 13 Apr 2016:UNDP to launch report on people-centered development in Asia-Pacific
- "I immediately ran to apply for the job and here I am today”. Nadire loves her job as a marble tiles painter in her home town of #Kosovo. Repatriated from Germany, she now makes enough money to support the eight members of her family. Women like Nadire make up around 30% of people in our job training programmes in UNDP Kosovo and this figure is on the rise: #ShareHumaity | #GenderEquality | #SDGs 13 hours ago
- See what happens when a women-run sanitary napkin factory opens in one of the largest slums in the world, and begins hiring the poorest of local women to make affordable sanitary pads for fellow girls and women. A period should only cause a full stop when used in a sentence, not in daily life: #GlobalGoals | UNDP in India 13 hours ago
- "See more posts on"Facebook