Workshop on climate change planning and budgeting for agricultural sector
The workshop was participated by four agencies namely Office of Natural Resources and Environmental Policy and Planning (ONEP); Bureau of Budget (BOB); Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives (MoAC); and Office of the National Economic and Social Development Board (NESDB). These agencies play important roles in planning and budgeting processes at different levels.
The workshop aim to set a step for establishing common understanding/approach to climate change planning and budgeting using agricultural pilot analyses under MoAC to be potential scaling up cases, particular for climate adaptation objectives. The key concept discussed during the workshop was the benefit approach to climate change planning and budgeting which would help related agencies to be able to use as a basis to arrive at (1) common definition of Climate Change relevant expenditure, (2) criteria for climate change prioritization, and (3) framework for climate change monitoring and evaluation.
This workshop was part of the key activities under the Project “Strengthening Thailand’s Capacity to Link Climate Policy and Public Finance”, aiming at supporting Thailand in allocating and using its public finances effectively and efficiently to achieve its objectives on climate change.
- 12 May 2016:Keynote speech by Martin Hart-Hansen, UNDP Deputy Resident Representative at Technology Innovation – Collaborating for Innovation Event Asian Institute for Technology, Bangkok, Thailand 12 May 2016
- 25 Apr 2016:UNDP: Fastest Population Shift In History Means Make Or Break For Asia-Pacific
- 13 Apr 2016:UNDP to launch report on people-centered development in Asia-Pacific
- Gorgeous fight song, no instruments. We also spy #HeforShe 's Jaime King and United Nations Development Programme - UNDP 's Connie Britton. #2030NOW #Wipolitics about an hour ago
- #SDG10: REDUCED INEQUALITIES - 09 days to Rio 2016 (português abaixo) "Before coming to Brazil, I did not see myself as a privileged person, eventhough I was. One day, working with young people from disadvantaged communities, one of them placed himself like a privileged person because his mother have raised alone six children with only a minimum wage and guided him on the right track. Part of me believed that all I had won was by my own, but at that moment I realized how much I was privileged. Society is so used to 'having' that forgets a little bit of 'being' - which, in fact, is what fulfill us." – Maria Sol Durán, 30 years old ---- #ODS10: REDUÇÃO DAS DESIGUALDADES - 09 dias para as OlimpíadasBrasil2016 "Antes de vir para o Brasil, eu não me enxergava como uma pessoa privilegiada, embora fosse. Então um dia, num trabalho com jovens de comunidades carentes, um deles se colocou como privilegiado porque sua mãe, sozinha, havia criado seis filhos com apenas um salário mínimo e o orientou a seguir por um caminho bom. Uma parte de mim acreditava que tudo o que eu tinha conquistado era mérito próprio, mas, naquele momento, percebi o quanto era privilegiada. A sociedade está tão acostumada ao ‘ter’ que esquece um pouco do ‘ser’ – o que, na realidade, é aquilo que nos completa." – Maria Sol Durán, 30 anos #HumansOfRio #MorroDoBorel #HumansOfMyWorld #Rio2016 PNUD Brasil United Nations Development Programme - UNDP UNDP in Latin America and the Caribbean ONU Brasil United Nations SDG Action Campaign 7 hours ago
- "See more posts on"Facebook