Workshop on climate change planning and budgeting for agricultural sector
The workshop was participated by four agencies namely Office of Natural Resources and Environmental Policy and Planning (ONEP); Bureau of Budget (BOB); Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives (MoAC); and Office of the National Economic and Social Development Board (NESDB). These agencies play important roles in planning and budgeting processes at different levels.
The workshop aim to set a step for establishing common understanding/approach to climate change planning and budgeting using agricultural pilot analyses under MoAC to be potential scaling up cases, particular for climate adaptation objectives. The key concept discussed during the workshop was the benefit approach to climate change planning and budgeting which would help related agencies to be able to use as a basis to arrive at (1) common definition of Climate Change relevant expenditure, (2) criteria for climate change prioritization, and (3) framework for climate change monitoring and evaluation.
This workshop was part of the key activities under the Project “Strengthening Thailand’s Capacity to Link Climate Policy and Public Finance”, aiming at supporting Thailand in allocating and using its public finances effectively and efficiently to achieve its objectives on climate change.
- 12 May 2016:Keynote speech by Martin Hart-Hansen, UNDP Deputy Resident Representative at Technology Innovation – Collaborating for Innovation Event Asian Institute for Technology, Bangkok, Thailand 12 May 2016
- 25 Apr 2016:UNDP: Fastest Population Shift In History Means Make Or Break For Asia-Pacific
- 13 Apr 2016:UNDP to launch report on people-centered development in Asia-Pacific
- Why would you ever leave your home? Watch this powerful new film to find out: homefilm.org/trailer 4 hours ago
- "A lot of young adults have run away to cities in search of better lives." Bilan Awdal Organization from Somaliland is one of the three winners of the our regional grant competition with OFID. This is their story of changing environment, its impact on rural farmers and the exodus to cities in search of better futures, which often end in tragedy. UNDP in Europe and Central Asia | #ShareHumanity Yesterday AT 03:43 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook